Public Conversation | Friday 29 June
1–2.30pm, followed by light refreshments
How are contemporary Asian artists and curators of Asian art working in new ways to make art matter to, and resonate with, society today?
Join us for a public conversation inviting diverse perspectives on art and its public significance in rapidly changing cultural contexts in contemporary Asia.
- Mira Asriningtyas Indonesia
- Merv Espina Philippines
- Mark Teh Malaysia
- Suzann Victor Australia/Singapore
- Tintin Wulia Indonesia/Australia
In conversation with:
- Associate Professor Tara McDowellFounding Director, Curatorial Practice, MADA
- Frances Barrett Independent Curator and Artist, and MADA Postgraduate
- Dr Michelle Antoinette ARC DECRA Fellow & Lecturer, Art History & Theory, MADA
Supported by the Australian Research Council (DE170100455) and Monash Art, Design, and Architecture (MADA) at Monash University.