The Art Association of Australia and New Zealand annual prizes recognise the best in arts writing and research across Australia and New Zealand. The awards cover a broad spectrum of arts publishing and acknowledge the contribution of both emerging and established scholars and artists. The categories include prizes for books, catalogues, artist books, Indigenous art writing, and an award for recently completed PhD graduates. The prizes are sponsored by a number of universities, art museums, associations and publishing bodies around Australia and New Zealand.
The prizes recognise the following.
- Originality and rigour of scholarship.
- Contribution to knowledge in the area and impact on scholarly debate in the field.
- Significance of the topic to the field and to adjacent disciplines.
- Significance and originality of arts research.
- Quality of the design and production values of the publication.
- Ability to convey complex ideas to wider audiences.
Please note people who wish to nominate publications for a prize must be a member of AAANZ. Staff affiliated with museums that have a AAANZ institutional membership are also eligible to nominate publications.
The AAANZ prizes are awarded each year at our annual conference.
Please visit the AAANZ website for further information and to download the entry form http://aaanz.info/prizes/